below you find the USKids Golf Rules. I really believe this is the best way the parents can support their kids.
Enjoy the read:
• It is necessary to be aware that this is your child's journey - not your trip. You do not live indirectly through them. Set yourself as a goal of being favorable and encouraging parents
• Respect the rules, the opponents and the arbitration decisions. The referees are doing their best. A referee has a better position and a better understanding of the rules for making the right decision
• Cheer but never replace coaches
• Never underline an unsuccessful competition and avoid reproaches
• If your child is more difficult than others, let him understand that what matters is the process of growth over time. Do not evaluate performances compared to those of others, do not impose comparisons, because each child has their own learning time
• Always show yourself interested in your child's competitions by always highlighting the improvements, without putting pressure. It is essential to motivate but without creating ambitious expectations
• Make your presence felt in times of difficulty by minimizing the negative aspects and promoting positive ones. Emphasize any improvement, even if it is not equal to expectations
• Always encourage your child to improve, but make him understand that knowing how to lose is more important and more difficult than knowing how to win
• Help your child establish realistic milestones and goals for his possibilities. Learn to also accept the limits
• Stimulate its autonomy and independence by avoiding being omnipresent and always deciding on everything
• Offer unlimited support, always based on positive criticism
• Safety arises from approval, encouragement and objective analysis. Children are strict and fair judges
• Never interfere with technical choices and relationships with other game components.
• Statistically it is highly unlikely that your child will become the best player in the world, so just let him enjoy this trip. Use this wonderful sport as a vehicle to teach the life lessons they will need during their growth..
• Children start this journey to live a playful experience and learn to love this sport. They play for fun and not to satisfy our pride or to compensate for our frustrations
• Parents, finally enjoy the experience of your child, share with him this exciting journey in the world of US Kids Golf and enjoy unique and unforgettable moments with your children, moments that you will remember for a lifetime and will never come back .